Watch these three informative sessions from the JCMG 2022 Continuing Education Program, originally aired March 6, 2022:
- Perennial Movement Design: The Role of Native Plants with Tyler Baird, Iowa City Superintendent of Parks & Forestry [session begins at 4:03]
- Hear about how Tyler has incorporated a perennial movement design into the city’s landscape highlighting living, changing spaces advanced by legendary Dutch plant artist and nurseryman Piet Oudolf–as well as some of Tyler’s favorite plants to use in landscape designs.
- What’s Wrong with My Tree? with Linn County Master Gardener Mike Anderson [session begins at 1:05:00]
- Learn about environmental, bacterial, and insect-related tree issues and with a systematic approach when examining a tree for possible problems.
- Grow: Johnson County Improves Healthy Food Access with Jason Grimm, Executive Director, and Clare Zabel, Food and Farm Specialist, at Iowa Valley Resource Conservation and Development (IVRCD) [session begins at 2:03:57]
- See the work being done by GROW: Johnson County at the Johnson County Historic Poor Farm, delivering a just food system by improving healthy food access through charitable food production and hands-on education.